Award winning author – ARe top pick of 2013
I’d like to introduce you to Jennifer Kacey. I recently meet Jennifer at the Wild Wicked Weekend in San Antonio, Texas. What an awesome time that was. I’m sure you’ll enjoy learning about Jennifer and her wonderfully naughty books.
Below are a few questions we had. Feel free to ask her more of your own.
Do you write under your real name or a pen name?
I write under a pen name. Jennifer is my real REAL name because I’ve always loved it and didn’t want to have to
get use to people shouting out “Hey, Mildred” or “Yo, You With the Face”. But the last name is a pen. I wanted something easy to pronounce, short, a little different, and the ability to stay semi-anonymous in my home town is great! Plus, if I ever jump into YA novels I wanted to be able to use my real name if I so choose. And I really like using a pen name – makes me feel like Batman!
Do you just write BDSM or do you live it as well?
I love writing BDSM. Have been kinky for…yeah…ever , but didn’t really have the ability to go out and try things I’d always been interested in. That changed when I found Bondage Expo Dallas (BED), a predominantly rope-based con, somewhat local to me. It blew my mind with possibilities. I can get my freak on with friends I trust, in a safe environment, get wicked good research done for my books, and find out about myself in a self-discovery process I hope everyone is lucky enough to be a part of at some time in their life.
* Not signing that contract with EC and using it to turn around and snag the agent I’d always wanted. SCORE!
* Sending the picture to my parents of my 10 book contracts for the Members Only Series books when they only thought I received two contracts. Seriously…that was awesome!
* Holding my first print copy of Together in Cyn – EPIC!
* Being mentioned on the USA Today blog when Haleigh’s Ink released.
* Receiving a message that said, “I’ve re-read Together in Cyn 3 or 4 times. It’s my favorite book and I can’t wait for the next one!!” – This floors me still. I have the best job in the world.
And yes I know that’s six. I couldn’t decide which to get rid of, so you got a bonus moment. **GRINS**
Do you like piercings and tattoos since they show up in most of your books?
YES I DO! Love them both. I think they’re beautiful and unique and special and cathartic and did I mention
beautiful?!? I have 10 piercings and two tattoos. Am I finished? I don’t know. 10 is a really great number so I might stick with that for my jewelry, but three REALLY sounds like a nice number on tattoos, don’t you think?
Jennifer Kacey is the Award winning author – ARe top pick of 2013. She is a wife, mother, and business owner living with her family in Texas. She sings in the shower, plays piano in her dreams, and has to have a different color of nail polish every week. The best advice she’s ever been given? Find the real you and never settle for anything less.