This workshop is designed for people looking to begin any kind of power exchange relationship and/or those who wish to strengthen their already existing power exchange relationships. I will answer five basic questions in depth:
Addressing these will aid individuals in gaining a better understanding of what it takes to create a healthy power exchange dynamic foundation, how to keep it healthy, and what must be considered before jumping into this dynamic.
We’ll address many issues to consider, and the possibilities which arise. Come prepare to share your questions and thoughts on the following:
- What–discuss the various types of power exchange relationship
- Who–consider the different types of power exchange relationships
- Ways to really get to “know” your partner
- Come up with some kind of contract/rules/protocols
- Come up with daily or weekly rituals that you both can be consistent with and want to do
- Decide/address if you play by SSC or RACK Rules
- Decide safewords (especially if you engage in pain or rough play)
- Talk about hard or soft limits.
- Be authentic and realistic. Don’t bite off more than you can chew and don’t just agree with what your Dominant/Master/Mistress (and in some cases, submissive) asks of you
- Pick a daily, weekly, or monthly time to talk about these rules to see if they are working and discuss what needs to be adjusted. Then when you find what works, make a plan to revise them whenever you feel necessary-monthly, weekly, anniversary, birthday, whatever works best for your dynamic. Redo contract if necessary.
- Do research and talk to others that are in the community. Go to classes, munches, read books, and talk about them with your partner.
- Be flexible, accept trial and error, and be willing to put in the work and time to reevaluate and come up with more appropriate solutions as circumstances change in the course of your relationship.
- When you are ready to be true to yourself, be transparent to your partner, s types- put your partner first before yourself, D types- take responsibility for your partner, let your ego go to the wayside, be ready to admit when you make mistakes.
- Why this may be the most rewarding and fulfilling type of relationship.
- Whys to avoids stuffing, defensiveness, miscommunications, grudges, and provides a simple structure that facilitates growth, meaning, healthy communication, and clear expectations.
- And much more…
Bring your thoughts and be ready to consider new possibilities.
About our presenter:
Slave Bunny, a 1950’s power slave, is involved in a wonderful and loving TPE 24/7 M/S relationship with her Master and husband. She is also a weekly contributor for Kink Weekly (here is a link to her work: http://www.kinkweekly.com/author/slave_bunny/), and will be teaching Kink classes throughout the year in the Los Angeles area.
Slave Bunny graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Psychology and has ample experience in the mental health field. She is also a certified personal trainer and was declared “One of the Top Five Personal Trainers in the LA District” in 2016.
She has dedicated her life to working on herself mentally, spiritually, and physically, and hopes to inspire others to do the same. Through teaching and mentoring, she hopes to help everyone in the Kink community as much as she can.